Modern office or fully remote
Do your best work at the time of day that suits you
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region and are based in Vienna. We are active in more than a dozen countries. Through our marketplace we sell completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops and tablets that are 40% cheaper and much more sustainable.Get to know us
- Develop new customer-facing features that will be seen and used by millions of users
- Build and execute A/B tests to optimise conversion rate and user experience
- Ensure a high-quality code base
- Keep an eye on interface performance
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Promote usability best practices
- Work together with product management and other teams
- Profound understanding of HTML, CSS/SCSS
- Strong understanding of responsive design and mobile first approach
- Experience with developing web sites with modern UI frameworks such as Tailwind / Bootstrap / Bulma / etc.
- Understanding of UI/UX design principles
- Knowledge of cross-browser development and browser compatibility
- Knowledge of SEO fundamentals
- You work independently and goal-oriented
- You have excellent English skills
- You are located in one of the European time zones
- You have a formal education in computer science
- You have experience with Tailwind and/or Alpine.js
- You have experience with statically typed programming languages (ideally Go)
For legal matters, we have to state that the minimum wage for this position is 42,000 € gross per year. However, depending on your qualification a higher salary is obviously very likely.
Our process is usually a preliminary interview with the people team, a take home coding task, followed by a technical interview. We appreciate that your time is valuable, so we aim to keep the process relevant and transparent.
First up we will go through your application, including looking through any public profiles/resources you choose to share with us (Github, Stackoverflow, etc.)
If the application looks good, you will be invited to a preliminary interview with a member of the people team. They will describe our company culture, structure and goals along with getting an idea of what you are looking for and how you will contribute.
The next step is a take home coding task (for particular positions this step may be an online test). This is designed to give you an opportunity to demonstrate your engineering and problem solving ability. It will be a small task similar to something you would be expected to complete in your normal day to day work at refurbed. The reviewers will be looking for well prepared and complete solutions, so take your time, explain your work and ask any questions that you feel are relevant to solving the problem.
Following on from a successful completion of the coding task you will be invited to a technical interview with one or more of the engineers from the teams the position is for. The coding problem will be part of the discussion, along with broader technical and architectural questions. This is also an opportunity for you to get an idea of the internal technical and work environment, so please feel free to dig a bit deeper with any questions you may have.
If everything has gone well at this point, then we will make you an offer to join us here at refurbed! Once that is settled the people team will let you know about any remaining administrative details and our onboarding process.
Things we want to see from you:
- Your CV
- Your expected salary
- If the position requires programming skills: Your Github/GitLab profile or open source projects you contributed to
- Other representative examples of your work that are relevant to the position
- If you are active in communities like StackOverflow, please let us know as well